KEY SELLING POINTS
- An important work of literary fiction that deals with universal themes of grieving and loss with a deceptively light touch and in immaculate prose.
- Quality prose, themes of male grieving, work, professional life, exotic central european setting
- Political themes that should resonate with readers in Q4 2020: diplomacy, foreign affairs, foreign relationships, conflict, resolution
- Author works for a London think tank, the Institute for Public Policy Research, was a BBC political journalist and is a former director of communications for the Refugee Council.
- Readers of literary fiction, general fiction, British fiction, European fiction, family drama
- Readers of Julian Barnes (The Sense of an Ending), Ian McEwan, Kazuo Ishiguro, Alexander Maksik, Robert Seethaler, Max Porter, Denis Johnson, Rachel Cusk, and Elizabeth Strout